Monday, May 21, 2012

Intrapreneurship

I've just come across a new and intriguing word...intrapreneurship!  I'd never heard of this word before a Sustainable Brands Article. The wikipedia definition is "the act of behaving like an entrepreneur, except within a large organization rather than a market as a whole."

Interesting concept. I think it embodies the most admirable trait of the executives I most admire. An innovative spirit for risky projects. These projects usually contribute to a highly genuine CSR campaign - the most successful type.

Here's a great example of one I read today...a Grist post - A Wisconsin hospital is powered by beer and cheese. - what a great story!

I hope I can be like this one day when I'm a Corporate Sustainability Officer :)

1 comment:

  1. i read that article about the wisconsin hospital the other day, too :)

    ReplyDelete