- Write a Valentine's Day e-vite instead of a physical card or use a card made of recycled paper.
- Choose eco-friendly flowers - great Mother Nature Network article.
- Make an environmentally conscious meal - or go to an organic/vegetarian/local/sustainable restaurant.
- Give something useful! Don't give your loved one a present that will be thrown into the landfill just days, or even hours, after it is given. Put thought into your present, try hand-making something.
- If your gifting clothes, buy ones made from organic cotton.
These rules actually apply 365-24-7, not just on Valentine's Day.
Happy Valentine's Day!